Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish to Make Time For?

My paints lie idle on the shelf where I keep them.  My brushes, all clean and spiffy, have not been touched for weeks.  My painting partner, my two-year old niece, has stopped asking me to paint with her – she knows what I will say: “Tata is busy today baby.”

There are two unfinished journal pages waiting for me and each night when I come home I look their way longingly, calculating how much time I would need to add something to at least one and then walking away when I figure out that it will take too much time from what I need to do.

Need to do? Did I just say that – NEED TO DO.

Yup, I guess I did. As in:

I need to do this because it puts food on the table.
I need to do this because the deadline’s coming up.
I need to do this because if I don’t, no one else will and we’ll all be screwed.

I wish that soon I will make the time to do what I DON’T need to do.

As in:

I don’t need to draw but it helps me see things better, deeper.
I don’t need to experiment with mixing colors and layering them but it’s fun to see what the results of these experiments are.
I don’t need to make that necklace but wearing it when it’s finished will make my step lighter.
I don’t need to read this book but sitting down and digesting each and every word will satisfy a gnawing hunger inside.
I don’t need to stick out my neck but doing so will mean I would have one less “what if” to worry about.

I don't need to sit down and write out what I wish, but they have all come true so far and it won't hurt to try.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, may you find the time for the things you "don't need" because in reality, you DO need them!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the 'want' comes back and you don't 'need' to do it. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grab time for yourself ~ will help everyone is your life ~ As you wish for yourself I also wish for you ~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do need all of those things that is for sure. However, when you make time to feed your soul all those other need to's are so much easier to face and not so frustrating to do.
    As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get it! To not have needs would make life easier,but without the needs like art or family , well you wouldn't be happy.

    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you achieve a balance of must-dos and want-tos!
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me