Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish to Say No To?


I am haunted by this lady. She follows me around night and day. She sits across me at breakfast, drinks half my after-lunch cup of coffee, dives into my dessert before I do at dinner and always manages to hog the blanket when I sleep.

She also has the annoying habit of saying NO to everything.

“No you can’t – you’re too old for it. The chance has passed you by.”

“No you don’t – nice girls never do.”

“No – that’s not something your mother would say. Bite your tongue and pray they go away.”

“No – you’re too fat for that dress. And I don’t care if the color makes you feel alive.”

“No – you’re not talented enough.”

“No – it’ll never work. Trust me.”

What is more annoying is that I usually find myself saying Yes to her.  As in: Yes, you’re right. It won’t work/happen/manifest.  Yeah, I believe you.  Yup, I am too fat.  Uh-huh – you’re right again and I should forget that dream/project/idea.

So beginning today – and everyday, I wish to say NO more often to HER. 

No – one is never too old to try and learn something new.

No – I know I am a nice person but I have to stand up for myself sometimes.

No – my mother would most likely be proud of me for speaking my mind. 

No –  I like that dress.  And if I do look fat in it, then maybe I am but I don’t care.

No – I never said I was talented.  I only said that I was brave enough to try so I will.

No – it WILL work.  Trust ME.

So there – you crazy lady with the perpetually pained look – I am saying no. And I wish that you be quiet and leave me alone with my coffee and dessert. 

14 comments:

  1. YES! I love these NO's you speak! BRAVA!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Those are good things to say no to, or rather she is a good person to say no to. As you wish for yourself, Sharlene, so i wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing and so well written. You put that negative naysayer in her place with a loud and resounding NO. As you wish for yourself so do I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this so much!!! I must be living with the same HER. As you wish for yourself today, I lovingly wish for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, NICE! I love the way you've described that inner mean lady that so many of us have (or had to) deal with! (assuming, of course, you're not really being stalked by some madwoman who eats your food! lol ;-)..)

    Thanks for such a meaningful comment this morning. I'm waiting until tomorrow to reply to everyone...but your addition made the conversation even better. :) xox

    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you wish for yourself I wish for you as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally! Those were all good things to say No to!
    Say yes to , " Just do it !" trust me , doors will open ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great wish. So much insight. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As you wish for yourself, so I wish also for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I looooove this, Sharlene! What wonderful things to say NO to - and YES...trust you!! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ladies - it's happening. saying no today to what she was saying helped me prove i can actually do something i thought i couldn't. YEY! thank you all for sending such strong positive wishing energy! (plus i got to drink an entire cup of coffee without her telling me i didn't need the whipped cream on top LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course you needed the whipped cream on top! As Sharlene wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me