Monday, May 23, 2011

On Some Days I Do This

There are days when I make jewelry.  And then there are days when I sit and stare and stare some more and come up with nothing.

This one was made on one of the good days.


And I have found that as I let go of what I think people expect me to create, the good days come more often.  It's about that isn't it -- letting go and just letting the image manifest. The voices in your head will tell you it's not good enough but you go ahead and finish because the pounding in your heart as your hands fashion something out of blank canvass and paint, clay, paper, metal and bits of wire and shiny gemstones is louder than the naysaying.

I have days like that.  They can be addicting.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    My name is April and I came across your blog through STEP-UP's facebook page. Like you, my mom and I also create and sell accessories, although we don't really use beads and most of our accessories use jump rings instead.

    Anyway, I was wondering if it would be okay to link back to your blog, and if it would also be okay with you to link back to mine. I've been looking for crafting and accessory bloggers to exchange links with since I figured I need more visibility for the blog and it would also be great to get more inspiration and ideas from fellow crafters, specifically those who are into creating accessories, since I haven't really seen blogs on crafting that are regularly updated.

    If you're interested, here is our website: http://myshinypins.blogspot.com/

    Let me know what you think.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me